Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why we crave chocolate. thought this was interesting....


I read this in a fitness magazine. While some experts attribute our cocoa lust to the candy's aroma, flavor, and texture, others believe we can actually get hooked on the emotional lift it provides. "Eating it can boost levels of serotonin and dopamine, two chemicals responsible for regulating mood and behavior. It also has small amounts of drug-like substances known to affect brain chemistry.
Spanish researchers found that chocolate contains the same alkaloid compounds linked to alcoholism. A separate study showed that the candy contains theobromine, a stimulant used in place of codeine in cough syrup. another group connected some of the chemical in chocolate to the mood elevators found in marijuana. Women who have tried to suppress all thoughts of chocolate ate 50 percent more of it than those who didn't .. so allow yourself a square or two of chocolate each day and savor them when you aren't distracted.. This blew me away. i thought it was very interesting.

I have lost six pounds and 3percent body fat!! I haven't been able to workout everyday this last week due to all of us being sick. But i'm not stopping! i"m soo motivated i probably drive everyone crazy talking about it because it is such a huge part of my life right now.

1 comment:

Ladybug143 said...

You are obsessed skinny woman! You have always been blessed that way. Chocolate is one of those lifters for me. I have read the same thing about it. I have a Naturopath in Utah that says sugar and chocolate are the Mormons alcohol. I have actually been off sugar for 2 months and have lost 25 pounds! I am stoked! I have to keep going on this one! It is so fun to see your family. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. ~Karen